Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday 9: I'm a Believer

These are the Saturday 9 from this site!

1) This song is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight? Love?  No.  Attraction?  Of course but that isn't love.

2) "I'm a Believer" is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one? Day Dream Believer is the first one that popped into my head!

3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals?  Luckily, no.

4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire? Perhaps I would have given it a go in my younger days. :-)

5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week? Friday is fast becoming my favorite - especially when I have a work week like the one I just had!

6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia's efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance. I didn't go to many dances.  I do recall how odd the middle school dances were.  Most of the boys stayed on one side of the room and the girls on the other.  Talk about awkward!

7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees' faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch -- chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad? Egg salad.  Second choice would be tuna but I don't eat chicken.

8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would you rather spend it at the mall, checking out what's new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves? I'd take the forest, please!  I hate shopping and I don't like crowds.

9) Do you have a good memory for names? Not really.

10 comments:

  1. I think your answer to #1 is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son just went to his first dance at the end of last school year and it was the same. The boys clustered around the concession stand and the girls in little clusters sneaking looks at the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never liked shopping so I love online shopping now. Most occasions that I need a gift I go online. I am not fond of gift cards so I will get an actual gift....but I don't go out to shop anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to do as much shopping online as possible, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fridays are the best after a long week. I'm with you on the mall. As I get older I have no tolerance for shopping in hoards. Online shopping rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 13-yo son is one of the rare boys who will actually dance at a middle school dance. Of course, his idea of "dancing" and mine are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum, but whatever. LOL! I'm happy he has his own weird, kooky brand of fun!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's impressive that your son feels so sure of himself at that age! Good for him! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could take credit! It's his father's "fault"...my ex has that confident, goofy, I-don't-care-what-anyone-thinks kind od personality. It's one of the best things he passed on to our son. Our 14-yo didn't get it, though...but girls are different anyway. She's got her own strengths. ;-)

    ReplyDelete