Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Wackadoo Meme Part 2

This is the Sunday Stealing meme this week.

This week's questions come from Shopafreakingholic and it was stolen there as well, but the search doesn't go back any farther.

30.] What brand of batteries do you usually get? Kirland from Costco - because they're cheap.

31.] Are any of your friends pregnant or have kids? Some have kids.

32.] What is in your medicine cabinet? OTC pain killers, Tums, etc.

33.] What's your favorite aspect of the natural world? Um, what?

34.] What's your favorite man made thing? I don't know... the computer?  Cell phone?

35.] Can you whistle properly? Yes. I whistle better than I can sing.

36.] What song do you think is the most widely heard in the world? I've no idea... Perhaps Happy Birthday to you? Is that sung in most English-speaking countries, at least?

37.] Where's the strangest place a fast food restaurant was located? I've no idea.

38.] What states surround your state? Or are you not land locked? New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia,  and Ohio.

39.] Do you own binoculars or monoculars? What do you use them for? No.

40.] Do you ever wish you had a telescope on the roof or attic to stargaze? Yes, but then I would want to live away from all the lights so I could see more.

41.] What's your favorite chocolate bar? Heath bar or Twix depending on my mood.

42.] Do you fall asleep easy in cars? How about planes, trains and boats? No - except for planes.  I get bored and drowsy on planes.

43.] Would you rather live a year of your life in every major country or stay in the same place you live forever without vacations? I guess I'd have to go with option one.  I love to see new places.

44.] What will you not tolerate in a person? If he or she is a bigot.

45.] Do you forgive others easier or yourself? Why is this?  Others.  Because I'm human, I guess.

46.] How was God made, if he exists? I don't believe a deity exists so this is irrelevant.

47.] Have you ever done aqua aerobics or polo? Nope!

48.] What age were you when you learned how to swim? Young... Maybe 4 or 5?

49.] What shows or characters scared you as a child? I can't really remember being scared much by shows.  I do remember that a particular episode of The Waltons scared me for some reason. It was the one where the meteorite fell through the Baldwin sister's roof. I'm not sure what scared me about that, though.

50.] Do you stay up all night on New Years Eve/Day or go to bed after 12am? Go to bed - sometimes before midnight.

51.] What's something unusual currently in your fridge? Not very much unusual in there...  Perhaps the rainbow chard I just bought?

52.] How about your freezer? My Han Solo in Carbonite ice cube tray.

53.] What could you be doing now that is more productive? Running the dust mop over the bedroom floor.

54.] Give me some lyrics from the song that's stuck in your head? "Don't sleep on the subway, darling...."

55.] What's your favorite type of firework? The ones that whistle.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I can't whistle, my whistle is definitely better than my singing too! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My singing voice has definitely gone downhill over the years!

      Delete