Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Wackadoo Meme, part 1

This is the Sunday Stealing Meme.

This week's questions come from Shopafreakingholic and it was stolen there as well, but the search doesn't go back any farther.

1.] What age is your youngest aunt? Well, she would have to be in her mid- to upper-80s! We don't ask about age in our family much.

2.] Do you miss someone right now? Yes. A dear friend took his life 2 years ago on the 9th of July and I was just thinking how much I missed him.

3.] What can you see North West to you? Currently?  The bulletin board next to my desk.

4.] Do you like bowling? Not really.

5.] Can you pronounce Italian words? Um, yes. Food words.  Spaghetti, lasagna, etc.

6.] Do you prefer black or beige coloured jackets? Black

7.] Do you own a hoodie? Yes. Several.

8.] Do you like roasting marshmallows on a bonfire? Not as much as I used to.  I avoid those sorts of foods now.

9.] Do you like cheesy puffs? Not really.  I dislike how messy my fingers get eating them and the flavor doesn't excite me.

10.] What's your name without vowels? Cthrn - if you count "y" as a vowel.

11.] How many layers of clothing are you wearing? Two, if you count undies.  It's hot outside!

12.] When was the last time you got a take away? What did you have? I think the last time was a burrito bowl from Chipotle! Yummy!

13.] If you could climb any mountain or range which would you choose? The Appalachians are more my speed.

14.] Do you alphabetically arrange anything in your room? What? Movies.  CDs.

15.] Have you ever visited fat-pie [dot] [com]? No.  I'm not sure what that is nor whether I want to so I won't.

16.] Do you prefer sweet or sour fruits? Sour.  Not a big fan of sweet stuff.

17.] Do you like Flo Rida? Which song of his? I recognize the name but I'm not familiar with his music.

18.] How are your dancing skills? Lousy, at best.

19.] What is your favorite number? 25 - for no reason at all.

20.] Describe your best friend to me? She's an introvert, like me, but she's very sweet and rather brave, in spite of herself.

21.] What is your favorite alcoholic drink? A good craft beer - preferably a porter.

22.] Do you do any sports or have you done any sport professionally? I don't do sports.  I do watch sports, though - NFL football, mostly.

23.] What is your ringtone? I have several for different people but the default ring right now is Largo al factorum from the Barber of Seville.

24.] Do you like chilli flavoured chips/crisps? Not really

25.] Do you curl or straighten your hair? I curl my bangs, generally - though when the weather is this humid, I'm not sure why I bother!

26.] What's the nicest smell of shampoo? I prefer a fruity or a clean smell rather than a floral scent.

27.] What smell turns you on? How about turns you off? I'm not sure what smell "turns me on" but I'm turned off by most mens' cologne.  Too strong or something.

28.] Who's your favorite comedian? Depends on my mood.  I like Eddy Izzard and Ricky Gervais - but, also, I enjoy Gabriel Iglesias and Kathy Griffin. And Ellen Degeneres.  And Jeff Dunham.  Okay.  I'll stop.  I like a lot of comedians.

29.] RnB or Reggae? Hmm... either - but I have to be in the mood.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Gabriel Iglesias, I have to look him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can probably find him on YouTube.

      Delete