Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday Six - July 6, 2013

1. Which holiday are you most likely to spend outdoors? Memorial day.  We almost always go to the parade in a town near us and generally have a picnic with my family.

2. What’s your favorite cookout food? Well...  I'm not much of a potato or macaroni salad person.  I don't eat most meat.  Perhaps the veggie tray, if there is one?  I like vegetable kabobs but most people don't cook those. Ooo!  And if we use the fire pit, then I'd go with potatoes baked on the coals!  They are awesome - all smokey and delicious!

3. Which cookout food could you do without? Any of the meats! :-P

4. Which holidays do you think are appropriate to celebrate with fireworks? I'm a traditionalist so I think just  Independence Day is enough!  If you have them too often, it becomes commonplace.

5. Which holidays do you wish weren’t celebrated with fireworks? Any but July 4th.

6. Which holiday is the last one for which you threw a party yourself? Well... it wasn't really a "party" but we held the family Thanksgiving feast here last year.  We don't do a lot of parties.

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment