Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ruby Tuesday - July 16, 2013


It's Ruby Tuesday, again!  Click on the logo to see other participants or join in yourself!

One of our neighbors gave us a couple of long planters with these flowers several years ago.  I've no idea what they are, but they come back year after year.  She advised us to take them inside to a dark place over winter and bring them back outside in the spring after the frosts have passed.  Sure enough, they come back to life and bloom again!


(As usual, click on the image to make it bigger!)

Let me know if you recognize these blooms! I'd love to know what they are! 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely macro shot for RTT ~ Happy Week to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pretty flowers are a delightful soft colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I think they're lovely - and they continue to bloom for quite a while over the summer!

      Delete
  3. I had those until the Torts ate them all. They are truly lovely little flowers. They are Dwarf Day Lilies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought they were some sort of lily because of the flower shape but the leaves were different from other lillies I had seen. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I thought they were some sort of lily because of the flower shape but the leaves were different from other lillies I had seen. :-)

      Delete