Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Collapse

This is the Sunday Stealing meme this week!

Have you ever clicked on an ad on the side of your screen by accident?: Yes - but only on my phone, actually.  I use an ad block on the internet so I generally don't see the ads posted there.

When was the last time you were disappointed?:  Oh, who knows?  I'm constantly disappointed.  Maybe my expectations are just too high or something.

Do you like the smell of rain?:  I love the smell of rain.  I once bought some candles scented to smell like rain and I am amazed that they managed to make them actually smell like rain!  I've no idea how they did that!

What was the last thing you took a picture of?:  A zucchini pie I made - so I can use the image when I post the recipe.

When you go to McDonald's, what drink do you usually get?:  I don't go to McDonald's unless I'm desperate.  I would probably get coffee or a latte, now that they have those.

What were you doing today at 2:15 in the afternoon?:  It's not 2:15 PM yet so I'll go with yesterday.  That was about the time I returned from shopping.

What's the nickname of your home state?: The Keystone State

What's the worst type of weather in your opinion?:  Hurricanes.

Do you have a Kindle, Nook, iPad or none?:  None of them.

Would you rather read or write?:  Read.  I'm not much of a writer -though I practice enough here on my blog!

When was the last time someone took a picture of you?:  I've no idea.  Maybe when I had my drivers license renewed?

Do you own a pair of slippers?:  Yes.  I received a new pair from K for Christmas.

Name something negative that you hate about yourself: Wouldn't anything I hate about myself be negative?

Is your house currently hot, cold or just right?: Just about right.

Is there a Dead End road near where you live?: Yes. Just up the street.

Do you roll your eyes often?:  I'm a skeptic.  I roll my eyes on a regular basis.  It's less painful than face-palming.

Growing up, did you see your cousins often?: Not a whole lot.  Most of my cousins are quite a bit older than I am so we didn't have much in common when I was young.

Where was your first job at?: I worked as a maid at a motel.

When's your birthday?:  October 23

Is life a party to you?: No.  It's not that one can't have fun but you have to get the work done, too.

Who are you tired of seeing in the news a lot? : Kate Middleton.  I wish that baby would arrive so we can stop obsessing!

When was the last time you flew a kite?:  When my kids were little.

How long have you had a blog?:  I started blogging in 2003 on Xanga.

Have you ever had to call and complain about a product you bought?: I've written to complain. I don't think I've ever called to complain, though.

Name something positive you love about yourself: I'm stubborn - in a good way.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the hype about the Royal Baby! I'm more tired of the Kardashian baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel bad for the royals - at least a little. They are born to it so they have so many expectations placed on them at birth. While they could choose to give up the throne and do their own thing, it would be hard to buck the system so they don't. They spend their lives in public scrutiny. It's rather sad.

      Delete
  2. Interesting they could capture the smell of rain in a candle! I don't think the attention of the royal baby will ever go away because now they'll just be following the baby and then be waiting for baby #2! Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right but I feel bad for Kate as she can no longer have a normal life and must spend her time with the press following every move she makes!

      Delete
  3. I am going to have to check out ad blockers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use AdBlock. It's available for Chrome and Firefox - and I think for Macs, as well.

      Delete
  4. "Name something negative that you hate about yourself: Wouldn't anything I hate about myself be negative?" That's a very good "gotcha"! lol

    Ad block really does work. It's great.

    ReplyDelete