Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Friday, June 7, 2013

My Favorite Webcomics

I enjoy following online comics.  Over the years, I've found quite a few that I have continued to follow.  I thought this might interest some of you so I'm going to list some of my favorites.

1. Questionable Content - This is a Monday thru Friday comic that follows a group of friends as they live their lives.   Bonus:  All sorts of people are represented here - including a newer transgender character. The artist also sells apparel adorned with his work as well as coffee mugs and such. I own a couple of his t-shirts.

2. The Oatmeal - How can I describe this comic?  I guess you could say that it is an awesome, quirky mix of bacon, cats, coffee and grammar.  Did I mention awesomeness? Just go and look.  You'll see.

3. Zen Pencils - This is updated about once a week.  The artist takes an inspirational quotation and draws a cartoon around it.  Most of them are available as posters so you can purchase some for your walls, too!

4. xkcd - New comics every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The tagline says it is "a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math and language" and I think that sums it up nicely.

5. Edmund Finney's Quest to Find the Meaning of Life - This comic is currently on hiatus but if you've not read it before, you have about 4 years worth of pages to catch up on.  I've linked the first page. The comics follow the adventures of Edmund Finney as he travels.  I have several panels I bought from the artist that will adorn the walls of my bedroom as soon as I find proper frames for them!


I read more than five, but I'm going to stop here for now.  Perhaps I'll make another list on another day.

Do you have a favorite webcomic I've not mentioned?  Feel free to mention it in the comments!

image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment