I also was able to find out quite a few things about albino animals. Here are just a few facts about them.
1. Albino animals' bodies lack the ability to produce melanin which would create normal pigmentation so they appear white.
2. You can tell if an all white animal is an albino by looking at its eyes. True albinos always have pink or red eyes.
3. Albinism is genetic and extremely rare as it is caused by a recessive gene. Only about 1 in 10,000 animals will be born an albino.
4. Many Native American tribes held beliefs that albino animals were "spirit" animals or had magical qualities. I find this understandable as they do look mysterious.
5. Albino animals in the wild are often easy prey for predators as they can't use their natural coloring to hide in their surroundings. They have a low survival rate.
Image found here