Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Six - May 25, 2013

1. What was your biggest accomplishment in school? I can't say that I really had any great accomplishments. I managed a 4.0 in my first two semesters of college, though so I suppose that was something.

2. Have you ever won a ribbon for any event or competition, and if so, what was it for? The only thing I can remember is when the local fire department had a poster contest for fire prevention mine got 2nd place.  There was a small ceremony with a ribbon and our pictures in the paper.

3. Have you ever been awarded a trophy for anything, and if so, what was it for?  Nope.

4. What award do you feel you’d be the last person to ever win? I certainly will never receive any sort of Nobel Prize - unless they start offering one for mediocrity.  I'd win that one hands down!

5. Do you think it’s truly more important just to be nominated for an award, or more important to win one? I think it would definitely feel better to win but it would be nice to be nominated.  Any recognition has to be better than none.

6. A question from a decades-long grade school debate: Do you believe that everyone who participates in a competition should win something just for participating? Not really.  What is the point of a competition if everyone gets something out of it no matter how much effort is put into it?

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment