Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Friday, May 17, 2013

An Explosion of Anger

Sometimes I get angry.  Sometimes it's something little and insignificant that annoys me and sometimes I get a full rage on.  Sometimes I feel like there are just so many things irritating me that one more thing will cause me to explode.

(Not literally, by the way.  That'd be messy and fatal.)

Here is my list of irritations - minor and major - for the day (Warning:  There will be swearing):

  • The US House is wasting our tax dollars - AGAIN - by attempting to repeal the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)  People! That bill WILL NOT PASS.  Stop wasting our time and money!  You know what I think?  I think you are terrified that once it fully takes effect, the public will love it and you will lose your chance to repeal it!  That's what I'm beginning to think! Get the fuck over it!
  • Attention people on social media: If you want me to share something just post it. If I feel that I wish to share it, I will.  If not, I won't!  Don't freaking tell me to share it!  I won't be bullied into sharing something because you think it will make it look like I don't care about your cause!  BULLSHIT! If I really care about something I'm going to do a hell of a lot more than share a post about it on Facebook or Google+!  That accomplishes NOTHING!
  • And what is with all the hatred?!? Why can't we treat human beings like human beings?  How about that?  We should all have the same rights and be treated the same way!  Why is this so complicated?  Didn't we freaking learn this in kindergarten?!?  We all just want to be happy and as long as my happiness isn't causing you harm then what the fuck is your problem with it? I'm sick of it!  And don't even think about telling me that your Bible tells you that you can discriminate against someone while you are sitting there in your cotton/poly blend shirt!!  Just don't! It's just an excuse you use because you are uncomfortable with people who are different.  Grow the fuck up and get over it!
  • Don't like change? Join the club! Now get over it!  Life IS change!  It's the only constant so just grab your nearest life preserver and jump in!  The water is fine! Give it a try! 
  • Lights!  Why the hell do we need so many freaking lights on all the time?!?  We had our blinds up and windows open to allow the fresh air to enter our bedroom last night.  I woke up in the middle of the night and could not get back to sleep! The light streaming in the window was ridiculous!  The neighbors have a dusk to dawn light at the back of their yard that shines in our window. Add in the lights around the perimeter of the elementary school behind our house and it is absurd the amount of light streaming into the bedroom!  I can't stand it!!!
  • Can we please stop calling something a crisis every time we turn around?!?  I don't think that word means what you think it does, folks!  I'm looking at you, media types! I'm sorry if you are having a slow news day but knock off all the hype!  Save it for when a real crisis hits!
  • And finally:  Could we just try to be considerate of others and stop trying to have everything the exact way that we want it?  Example: A coworker listens to her music through headphones so as not to irritate other workers near her who might not appreciate her music and like a quiet room while they work.  One day, her music was loud enough that the woman sitting next to her could hear a little something.  It wasn't loud enough to make out the song or anything but occasionally she heard a sound.  This was soooo annoying to her coworker that she had to ask the first one to turn down her music!  I am not making this up!!!  I mean, come on people!!  Compromise!  The worker with the headphones could have played her music without using headphones but she was trying to be considerate of you!  Can't you even appreciate that?  Honestly!
Image courtesy of Bruce Clay and found here

No comments:

Post a Comment