Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Six - April 27, 2013


1. What basic non-food household item do you most hate to run out of? Tissues.  I was going to say toilet paper but one can always use tissues instead.  Substituting t.p. for tissues grosses me out (I know, it's clean but I have issues, alright?) so that isn't going to happen very often.

2. Which food do you hate to run out of in your pantry? Flour.

3. Which piece of technology in your home do you think you’d have the hardest time living without? My cell phone. If you mean in the home, itself?  Radio.  I could do without TV (for a little) but don't take away my NPR news!

4. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve gone without power? 4 days. We had a high wind storm come through that took out the power in most of the village.  It took ages to get power back. Luckily, it was warm enough to not worry about heat.  We cooked on our grill and campstove and used our camp lanterns for light.

5. Would you find it easier to lose your cell phone or your internet service for one year? Oh, dear... Well, what I like most about my cell is that I get the internet on it so...  I guess the cell phone, itself.  Heck!  I pay most of my bills online and get electronic copies so I'd really have an issue without internet and I'd miss all you fine people, to boot.  Yes. I'm sure.  Take my cell but leave my internet alone!

6. What beverage would you have the hardest time going without for a year? Coffee. I love my java!

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment