Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday Six - April 20, 2013


1. How old were you the first time you used a telephone? I really don't remember.  We really weren't allowed to use the phone by ourselves until we were older - maybe 11 or 12.  I imagine I might have spoken to someone on the phone prior to that but I can't imagine who.

2. What’s the oldest phone number you remember from your childhood? The one we had all my life until I moved out of my parent's house.  To be fair, it was my mother's phone number until she moved recently into assisted living. I was still using it to call her until recently so it isn't such a great feat, then.

3. What’s the oldest phone number you remember from your childhood that is still a valid number for the same party it was then? Well, it would have been my mother's until recently (see previous question).  I guess it would be my oldest sister's number, then, as she's lived in the same house with the same number for 30 years or so. (She's 17 years older than I am so she was married while I was still in elementary school.)

4. Have you ever used a rotary-dial telephone? Of course!  We didn't have the push button phones when I was little!

5. What year did you get your first cell phone? I'm not sure.  Maybe 2006 or 2007?

6. How many cell phones have you owned since then? I think I might be on my 4th.  Again, I'm not sure.

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place.  Feel free to visit Patrick's blog and play along with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment