Saturday, April 20, 2013
Saturday Six - April 20, 2013
1. How old were you the first time you used a telephone? I really don't remember. We really weren't allowed to use the phone by ourselves until we were older - maybe 11 or 12. I imagine I might have spoken to someone on the phone prior to that but I can't imagine who.
2. What’s the oldest phone number you remember from your childhood? The one we had all my life until I moved out of my parent's house. To be fair, it was my mother's phone number until she moved recently into assisted living. I was still using it to call her until recently so it isn't such a great feat, then.
3. What’s the oldest phone number you remember from your childhood that is still a valid number for the same party it was then? Well, it would have been my mother's until recently (see previous question). I guess it would be my oldest sister's number, then, as she's lived in the same house with the same number for 30 years or so. (She's 17 years older than I am so she was married while I was still in elementary school.)
4. Have you ever used a rotary-dial telephone? Of course! We didn't have the push button phones when I was little!
5. What year did you get your first cell phone? I'm not sure. Maybe 2006 or 2007?
6. How many cell phones have you owned since then? I think I might be on my 4th. Again, I'm not sure.
These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place. Feel free to visit Patrick's blog and play along with us!