Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Saturday Six - February 2, 2013


1. V is for VACCINE: Do you believe children should be required to be vaccinated before they’re allowed to attend public schools? Why or why not? Oh my!  Did you open a can of worms with this one!!  Children should ABSOLUTELY be vaccinated before they're allowed to attend public schools - unless there is a medical reason that they cannot be vaccinated. It is irresponsible for a parent to not vaccinate their children.  There is no valid reason not to.  (and I'm going to stop right there)

2. V is for VALOR: Whom do you know personally that you consider to be particularly courageous? Good question. Yes. I know someone who fits this description but I'm not going to embarrass her by naming her. (in case she happens to stop by and read this)

3. V is for VALUE: Which store do you feel generally offers the best deals on things you want? Unfortunately, Walmart is the answer.  I'm not happy to shop there because I question some of their business practices but, frankly, I'm not made of money so I must shop at the stores where I will save the most money.

4. V is for VEGETABLE: Which single vegetable do you tend to use most when you cook?  Onions!  I use a lot of onions as they are so versatile.

5. V is for VERTIGO: What’s the tallest building you've been inside? Hmm...  I think it might be the Empire State building.  We may have visited the World Trade Centers while they still stood but I don't recall going up in them.  (did they have an observation deck?)

6. V is for VULCAN: Who is your favorite Star Trek character? Which Star Trek? In the original series, it would have to be Spock.  Next Gen: Worf (or maybe Jean-Luc Picard).  Deep Space Nine: Dax or Odo. Voyager: Kathryn Janeway.  I didn't watch Enterprise.

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

2 comments:

  1. You know I am going to have to go all the way back to find the start of your alphabet, right? I'll try to comment as I go!

    I like this idea -- might just have to think about doing something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't take credit for the idea! It comes from Patrick over at Patrick's Place. (link at the bottom of the blog entry)
    He has a nice community over there, as well, so I regularly visit a lot of other bloggers who visit there.

    ReplyDelete