Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Monday, February 18, 2013

Saturday Six - February 16, 2013


1. X is for XENIAL: Are you more likely to be the person who hosts out-of-town visitors or the person who stays with someone else when you’re the one out of town? Neither, really, but I suppose more likely to host myself.  I don't really have a guest room - though one of these days I want to turn one of the spare bedrooms into one. That said, I suppose I could host a family member as we do have a sofa bed. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of staying in other people's homes when visiting.  Despite the fact that it would save money, I'd rather stay in a hotel than in a friend's house.

2. X is for XEROX: What is the last thing you recall making a copy of? A recipe for a co-worker.

3. X is for XIPHOPAGUS: If you could have a twin for the day, who would you play a prank on first? I do have a twin but, sadly, we are not identical so we couldn't pretend to be each other.  If we were, we would have had a lot of fun with it!  I suppose we'd have to trick a family member first.  Perhaps we'd dress alike and appear in two different rooms of their house or something.  We'd have great fun with it!

4. X is for XMAS: Have you ever complained about the use of Xmas as an abbreviation for Christmas? Nope!  Xmas actually means Christmas and there is no disrespect intended most times by its use. Even when I was a Christian, I was not offended by it. I remember my father always used Xmas to mark the boxes containing Christmas items stored in the attic during the rest of the year and he was very much a devout Christian.  If he used it, it wasn't offensive, in my opinion.

5. X is for XYLITOL: Which artificial sweeter do you prefer if you’re avoiding sugar? I prefer natural sugar, to be honest, and go out of my way to avoid artificial sweeteners.  If I had to use one, I guess I'd go with Splenda as it tastes most like sugar.

6. X is for XYSTER: How many times have you been operated on? Twice.  I had some teeth cut out when I was young (and at that time this required an overnight hospital stay) and I had my tubes tied after my third child was born as I was finished! 

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!  Feel free to visit his site and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment