Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Monday, January 7, 2013

Saturday Six - January 5, 2013


1. R is for RACE: If you had to attend some sort of race — horse race, NASCAR, etc. — which type would you most likely choose?  NASCAR.  I've been to a NASCAR race and I really enjoyed it!

2. R is for REALITY: If you had to choose one reality show to watch, which would it be? I really don't like reality shows at all and it isn't that I haven't given them a chance!  I guess if I had to watch one, I'd choose The Voice.  I really like that show but I can't commit to watching a program multiple days a week. I just don't have the time for that!

3. R is for REINCARNATION: If you could come back after death as an animal, which would you choose? I don't know... Maybe a cat?  I admire their ability to balance and their gracefulness - mostly because I trip over my own feet and would not be described as graceful ever.  

4. R is for REPORTER: Which local reporters do you trust more: your local newspaper’s or your local TV stations’? Our local newspaper is a bit dodgy when it comes to facts.  (and that's putting it nicely)   I'd go with my local TV station's reporters.  

5. R is for ROBOT: If science provided a practical robot to take care of chores around the house, would you be interested, or would you prefer doing it yourself? I enjoy some chores so I wouldn't want one to do everything for me.  That said, I would love for one to take over some tasks so I think we could work something out. 

6. R is for RUDE: When you encounter what you consider is rude customer service, are you more likely to contact the manager on site or call the corporate office? I'm more likely to contact the local manager first.  I don't like to create a scene so I'd probably go home, calm down, and then decide if I feel I need to do something about it and call to talk to the manager.  If I felt my concerns were not being addressed, then I'd go up the chain of command.

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment