Now, truth be told, President Obama is not my idea of an ideal President. He's a moderate while my views are far more liberal. That says a lot. Still, there are certain problems that I have with Mitt Romney that ensure that I could never, ever vote for him.
- We really don't know who Mitt Romney is! What does he actually believe? Who knows? What will he do when in office? I've no idea! Why? Because the man seems to change his position to whatever he needs to say to get elected. When he ran for office in Massachusetts, he was much more liberal. Now? Right-wing conservative. Who knows what he really will do when in office? I certainly can't say!
- Mitt Romney lies. Easily. Now, yes. Many politicians are dishonest or don't tell us the whole truth. Unfortunately, that is what many people do now days to get elected. Most of them do not desperately formulate total lies just to make the other candidate look bad so close to the election that the other party hardly has time to counter the statements with the truth! One example? His television and radio ads about Chrysler. Other examples of his dishonesty can be found here or just Google Romney lies for more examples.
- Mitt Romney thinks that it is the role of the government to tell women what they can or cannot do with their own bodies! Now, yes. He says that he has exceptions to his pro-life stance for the life of the mother and for rape victims, etc, but quite frankly I don't believe a word of it. He has stated before that he would like to see Roe vs. Wade overturned! The man doesn't think that businesses run by religious institutions should have to pay for health insurance that covers birth control, either. Worse, he wants to defund Planned Parenthood. Frankly, I don't think he really knows what goes on in those clinics and he really doesn't care.
- Mitt Romney does not comprehend the concept -much less the importance - of the separation of church and state in our country. Oh, yes. He says he does but then he says that he thinks that it has gone too far. Look, Mitt. You either have separation or you don't. There is no "too far" about it. This separation is especially important to people who have less popular religious beliefs - like he does - or those without such beliefs to ensure that they do not feel discriminated against. Sadly, he is too busy pandering to the religious right to acknowledge this.
- Mitt Romney is so far removed from the reality of how life is for the rest of us that he cannot possibly govern us properly! He thinks that emergency room treatment is an acceptable form of health care! He thinks that FEMA should be dissolved and that the states should fund their own clean-ups in times of disaster although he seems to have flip-flopped on that one in the wake of Hurricane Sandy (quelle surprise). He thinks that college students should just borrow money from mom and dad if they need more money for college and it doesn't occur to him that mom and dad may not have it! Romney's running mate, Paul Ryan, thinks that social security should be privatized! Romney doesn't seem to realize that middle-class people do not generally make a living off of capital gains, interest or dividends so telling us that he won't tax this kind of income doesn't do anything to help us! Worst of all, in my opinion, is that Mitt Romney doesn't realize that people in the US aren't stupid. In fact, he's so sure that we are that he doesn't even try to explain why he changed his mind on major issues because he doesn't think we realize that he has!
- Mitt Romney doesn't appear to have an ethical bone in his body despite attempting to represent the moral majority. He's been caught lying countless times, he changes his stance on topics depending on who he is talking to, he holds some of his fortune in offshore accounts (which seems fishy to me, although it isn't illegal), and now it appears that he may have benefited by the auto bailout without disclosing it, as well! The man isn't to be trusted with the office of the Presidency and there is no way I could ever vote for him.
image found here