Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Saturday Six - October 6, 2012

1. E is for E.S.P.: Which mental superpower would you rather have: the ability to read minds, the ability to change matter, or the ability to transport yourself from one place to another?  Easy.  I'd want to be able to transport myself from one place to another! Think of how much time it would save and I would be able to simply go visit a friend or family member no matter where they lived!

2. E is for Earth:  How much do you recycle to save the planet in a typical week? I'm not sure how to gauge how much we recycle but we do recycle glass, plastic, aluminum, metal, newspapers and cardboard.  We try to donate used, good clothing so they can be reused and we compost yard waste and kitchen waste.

3. E is for East: What is the farthest east you've traveled in the US?  Hard to say as I've gone to the east coast at various places but I'm guessing that Long Island is the farthest east point.

4. E is for Ellipsis: What kind of punctuation, other than the period or comma, do you use most often?  I'm afraid it might be the ellipsis but I'm trying to cut back.  It can easily be overused.

5. E is for Elliptical:  What is your favorite exercise in the gym?  Well, I don't go to a gym but I do use my treadmill at home so... walking?

6. E is for Empty: Most often, do you consider the glass half-empty or half-full? I think it is always completely full as the part that doesn't contain liquid is filled with air. But that's not what you really are asking, I suppose.  I guess I'm more of a half-full type of person.

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment