Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cowardly Gunman Shoots Unarmed 14-year old Girl

I found out about this incident yesterday and I was so outraged that I couldn't see straight.  I've waited a day and I'm still outraged but I'm going to blog about it anyway.

There is a 14 year-old girl named Malal Yousafzai who lives in Pakistan.  She is an outspoken advocate for education rights for girls and bravely spoke out against the Taliban. She even has dreams of forming her own political party one day.

Yesterday while she was on a school bus with her friends, a gunman approached and shot her in the head and neck.

What kind of coward shoots an unarmed girl?!?

Ms. Yousafzai is in critical condition after surgery to remove the bullet from her skull. It appears that it did not penetrate the brain.

The Taliban has confirmed that she was a target and that she will remain so if she survives. A spokesman states that her campaign for education rights for women was an 'obscenity'.

In other words, if she lives through this, they will try to kill her again.

How can anyone think it is right to attempt to kill an unarmed 14 year-old girl?

Tell me again how Islam is a religion of peace...  

No comments:

Post a Comment