Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Monday, October 22, 2012

6 out of the ordinary ways to eat bacon

Many of you probably realize that I am a big fan of bacon. In fact, bacon might be the most mentioned food here on my blog. I eat if for breakfast with eggs, add it to sandwiches and occasionally coat it in chocolate or candy it!

Unfortunately, it is really not good for us so I don't indulge as much as I would like.

I have come across some ways to use bacon that I've not tried! What do you think of these ideas?

  1. Bacon vodka - This is something I think I might like to try sometime!  It's vodka infused with the flavor of bacon.  I think this would work especially well in a Bloody Mary.
  2. Maple Bacon Coffee - I'm not so sure about this one.  I love my coffee and I love bacon but...  I'm not sure this is a good combination. I think I'd have to try it if it were offered, though, just to see what it is like.
  3. Candied Bacon Ice Cream - I think this has to be one of the more unusual ways I've seen to serve bacon!  You could have bacon in your main dish and serve this for dessert!
  4. French toast and bacon cupcakes - This sounds like breakfast wrapped up in a cupcake.  
  5. Bacon cups - The creator of these calls them the BLT without the bread!  I think I would like this, though it would take some practice to get right.
  6. Bacon popcorn - Yep.  Even a healthy snack becomes less so with bacon!
Which of these are you most likely to try?

Image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment