Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Six - September 8, 2012

1. A is for Apple:  What Apple computer product are you most likely to buy or most pleased that you have purchased?   I am quite pleased with my iPod.  I mostly listen to audio books or podcasts on it.

2. A is for Anatomy:  What part of your body do you feel is your best feature?   I guess my eyes?  They are gray which people find a little unusual.

3. A is for Academics:  What single class gave you the most trouble in school? Public speaking.  When I first took this in college, I was still more painfully shy than I am now.  It was horrible.  I passed but it was quite a trial to get through!  I doubt I'd have that sort of trouble now, luckily.

4. A is for Ace:  What card game is your favorite?  I enjoy games quite a bit so it's hard to choose one.  I guess I'd say that I enjoy the card game called Golf the most right now. It's one of my mother's favorites so we play it often when I stop over to see her.

5. A is for Automobile: What car or vehicle are you most likely to buy as your next ride?  Well, we have a car that is only a year old and an aging truck.  We'd probably buy a new (well, new used) truck next.  We'll drive this one until it gets too expensive to repair then look for another one.  We really do need a truck if only so we have something to take when we go camping.  Our equipment wouldn't fit in a car!

6. A is for Argument:  What is the last thing you remember arguing about?  I really had to rack my brains to remember what our last spat was about! I think it was whether or not to hire someone to install tile on the floor in our new addition.  I was sure it would be too expensive to have it installed and think that K and I can do it ourselves.  K, however, pointed out that we have no experience with that at all and he'd rather hire someone to do it.  We still haven't decided but it really is pricey to have someone install it for you! I guess this isn't a real big argument but it was the first disagreement that came to my mind!

These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place.

2 comments:

  1. Re installing your own tile: you could do a great deal worse than to ask the BSR Newsroom about their experience doing that when they renovated their powder room the other year.

    ReplyDelete