Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Six - March 3, 2012

1. When you hear that a movie is a likely nominee for an Academy Award, are you any more likely to watch that movie in the theater? I might be more interested - if only to see what the fuss is about.
2. When you hear that a movie you haven’t yet seen actually is nominated for an Academy Award, are you more likely to watch that film? Yes.  I like to try to see the movies so I can better pick which ones I think will win.
3. Of the nominated films this year, how many of them did you watch? Hardly any, this year. I just haven't been to the theater much. 
4. Have a look at the former winners for Best Picture prior to this year. Which is the last one you remember watching at home? The King's Speech
5. From that same list, which is the last one you remember seeing in a theater? The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
6. If you could experience any Best Picture winner in a theater environment, which would you choose? Braveheart. It's the sort of movie that you should see on a big screen.  I've only ever seen it at home on our TV.


These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment