Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Seven - March 4, 2012

Name your seven products from the list of 15 Foods You Should Never Buy Again that you’ve been most likely to purchase.

  1. Premium frozen juice bars - I'll admit that I'm sometimes many times too lazy to make my own
  2. Boxed rice entree or side dish mixes - I've not been able to recreate the Zatarain's Jambalaya mix by cooking from scratch so I do purchase that.  I do get the reduced sodium type, though, so it's not as bad for us. One of these days I'll find a good homemade substitute and I won't buy this anymore.
  3. Spice mixes - I do get some rubs and such but I also check the ingredients first.
  4. Bottled water - We buy these to take camping and for when we have get-togethers.  We don't buy them to be used everyday, however.  We have a water purifier so our water is delicious.
  5. Individual servings - K likes snack bars for his lunches and I can't convince him not to eat these.  (or haven't, yet...)
  6. Gourmet Ice Cream - We buy ice cream infrequently so when we do, I get the good stuff.  I don't apologize, however, as I won't buy anything containing high fructose corn syrup (or other junk) and the cheaper brands almost always contain this ingredient.  I prefer Ben and Jerry's as a treat now and then.
  7. Tomato-based pasta sauces - Seriously?  I don't know the first thing about making my own sauce so I'm sure I'll continue to buy these.  We get them a bit cheaper by buying 3-packs at Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment