- Premium frozen juice bars - I'll admit that I'm
sometimesmany times too lazy to make my own
- Boxed rice entree or side dish mixes - I've not been able to recreate the Zatarain's Jambalaya mix by cooking from scratch so I do purchase that. I do get the reduced sodium type, though, so it's not as bad for us. One of these days I'll find a good homemade substitute and I won't buy this anymore.
- Spice mixes - I do get some rubs and such but I also check the ingredients first.
- Bottled water - We buy these to take camping and for when we have get-togethers. We don't buy them to be used everyday, however. We have a water purifier so our water is delicious.
- Individual servings - K likes snack bars for his lunches and I can't convince him not to eat these. (or haven't, yet...)
- Gourmet Ice Cream - We buy ice cream infrequently so when we do, I get the good stuff. I don't apologize, however, as I won't buy anything containing high fructose corn syrup (or other junk) and the cheaper brands almost always contain this ingredient. I prefer Ben and Jerry's as a treat now and then.
- Tomato-based pasta sauces - Seriously? I don't know the first thing about making my own sauce so I'm sure I'll continue to buy these. We get them a bit cheaper by buying 3-packs at Costco.
These are the Sunday Seven from Patrick's Place!