Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sunday Seven - February 19, 2012

[Yes. I know it is Tuesday, not Sunday.  Patrick's website was down the entire weekend so we couldn't see his Saturday Six and Sunday Seven questions until yesterday.  I did the Saturday Six yesterday and now I'll do the Sunday Seven and be all caught up!  This coincides quite well with the huge case of writer's block I've developed so this gives me a bit more time to get my act together.]

Name the seven foods on the list of 11 immunity-boosting foods that you’re most likely to have on hand.

  1. onions and garlic - I use these all the time when cooking.
  2. mushrooms - another one of my favorite flavors
  3. yogurt - I eat this daily for breakfast and sometimes make smoothies with it for dessert.
  4. honey 
  5. ginger - I keep pieces of this in my freezer so I can always pull it out and grate it for a recipe.
  6. tea - We have all sorts of teas - herbal and regular teas.
  7. chicken soup - or at least broth to make my own.  (I don't usually buy this type of soup as I prefer homemade.)
These were this week's Sunday Seven from Patrick's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment