Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Six - February 11, 2011


1. Which single brand of product — any kind of product — have you been loyal to for the longest? The one that comes to mind is Scott.  Please don't laugh.  I discovered Scott brand bath tissue in college and realized how much longer a roll lasts compared to many popular brands and I was sold.  I know I've saved tons of money over the years using this brand.
2. What is it about that particular brand’s product that has kept you as a customer for so long? As I pointed out, I believe I've saved money buying them.  A roll last so much longer than most brands and costs less so it's win-win as far as I'm concerned.
3. Which product that you used to buy by brand name are you most likely to buy generically now? Almost anything.  There are only a few name brands that I insist on.  I've discovered that I can buy store-brands of many things that are as good as the name brands.
4. Do you detect no difference from the brand-name version to the generic version, or was it more a case of cost that made you go generic? Most of the time, I detected no difference.  There are some name-brand products I insist on buying as there is no real good replacement.  I do enjoy saving money, however.
5. If you checked your pantry, which single brand would you have the most products from on your shelves? Amy's Organic soups, I believe. (unless you count cans of dog food but I'm sticking to people products) I don't often buy processed foods, but these are made without many of the preservatives that other brands have so I get them for a quick lunch now and then.
6. Of any kind of product, which brand is one that you feel means high quality despite the fact that you don’t own anything from that particular brand yourself? Mercedes.  This isn't likely to change, either, as I can't afford a car this expensive.  They do seem to be worth the money if you can afford them for the safety features alone!


These have been the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on generic store brands, I buy them all the time.

    ReplyDelete