Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waterproofing your Cell Phone?

As many of you may have heard, the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show is currently going on in Las Vegas.  I've not heard any reports of "the next big thing" or such this year but I did notice a mention of a product that I think could really be outstanding - if it works as advertised.

I'm talking about a product called Liquipel. The company claims that it coats your device, effectively waterproofing your device.  Now, there are limitations.  For example, only certain devices are approved for the coating.  I've noticed that they all seem to be touch-screen devices.  I imagine that a cell phone with a keyboard - like my Blackberry -could not be coated well by this product - nor could any other device with too many moving parts.  None of the approved devices appears to be a flip phone, either.  Still, if this is effective it could make a big difference!

I don't know about you, but I am super-cautious about what I do with my iPod. I don't bring it in the bathroom with me when I'm showering, for example, because I'm concerned about the moisture from steam getting inside and ruining it.  I would be mortified if I took it into the store because it stopped functioning and they refused to replace it because of water damage.

I guess time will tell whether this product is as good as advertised.  I'm anxious to hear more about its effectiveness and whether it seems to be worth the money.

Image courtesy of Free Vector

No comments:

Post a Comment