Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Six - January 4, 2012

1. Considering your childhood, do you feel you had it easier or tougher than your parents did when they were children? Easier.  Much easier. My parents both came from large families and there wasn't a lot to go around - especially my mother.
2. Considering your life now, at your current age, how does yours compare to what you know about your parents when they were your age? They were better off.  Of course, neither of them had to start over at 32 with basically nothing so that made a huge difference.
3. What do you miss today most about your childhood? I'm not sure.  I guess never having to worry about bills and such.
4. What percentage of the time during your childhood did you get what you asked for (within reason)? Well - it depends.  I don't recall asking for much except when Christmas came around and my parents would ask for a list.  I'd say about 40-50%, I guess.  We always had the basics so didn't really have much to ask for but extras, if you know what I mean.
5. What percentage of the time do you end up getting what you want today (within reason)? Um... maybe 20-30%?  I don't generally buy much for myself except necessities - though I guess those are what I want...  Heh.  Okay. Not sure how to answer this.  Do you mean from other people because I don't usually get gifts from others.
6. Take the quiz: Are You Spoiled?

You Are 8% Spoiled





You are definitely not spoiled. You've worked hard for what you have.
Down to earth and grounded, you don't need a lot to make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment