Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Snippets

Sometimes I have many different thoughts swirling through my head.  Often none of them are complete enough to warrant an entire post, but could be considered blog snippets.  Today is one of those days.  So!  I'm just going to place the various bits and pieces here all together and call them a post.


Here are the things on my mind today:

  • I am greatly disappointed that the Steelers did not win the AFC wildcard game they played against the Denver Broncos last night.  They made a valiant effort - coming back from a 20-6 deficit at halftime to tie up the game.  They lost in overtime, however.  
  • On a related note, I am thoroughly disgusted and irritated by those who would call the Bronco's victory a "miracle" and imply that there was some sort of divine intervention that allowed them to win the game.  Seriously, people!  Now, no.  I do not believe there is a God.  However, IF there was a God, do you really think he would be concerned about the outcome of a football game?  Seriously?  Now come on, people! Talk about a ridiculous notion!  
  • I'm looking forward to the next meeting of my local non-believers group on Wednesday. Not only am I looking forward to the discussions we'll have but I have to admit that I really, truly am looking forward to eating out.  More precisely, I'm looking forward to having a steak this week.  (We do meet at a steakhouse...) I've been craving steak recently!
  • I'm seriously excited about attending the Reason Rally in DC in March! It's going to be so awesome and (!) Tim Minchin will be performing so that's a bonus!  I'm really hoping for good weather, though. It would really stink if it were pouring down rain.  Or freezing.  Or both.  Let's hope for decent weather!
  • I forgot to pack my morning break food for work today.  I usually have a cup of yogurt and a slice of whole grain toast but I completely forgot!  I guess I'll have to wander down to the cafeteria and see what they have that I can eat because all I have is lunch food and I can't go without eating until 2:00! (which is when I lunch)  I can't believe how scatterbrained I am today!
  • And now all I can think about is steak.  I do hope I get my steak on Wednesday and that it is as delicious as I'm imagining it!
Hmm... football, meetings and food.   I'm sure that says something about the way my mind works.  Until tomorrow, folks!

Image source can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment