Here are the things on my mind today:
- I am greatly disappointed that the Steelers did not win the AFC wildcard game they played against the Denver Broncos last night. They made a valiant effort - coming back from a 20-6 deficit at halftime to tie up the game. They lost in overtime, however.
- On a related note, I am thoroughly disgusted and irritated by those who would call the Bronco's victory a "miracle" and imply that there was some sort of divine intervention that allowed them to win the game. Seriously, people! Now, no. I do not believe there is a God. However, IF there was a God, do you really think he would be concerned about the outcome of a football game? Seriously? Now come on, people! Talk about a ridiculous notion!
- I'm looking forward to the next meeting of my local non-believers group on Wednesday. Not only am I looking forward to the discussions we'll have but I have to admit that I really, truly am looking forward to eating out. More precisely, I'm looking forward to having a steak this week. (We do meet at a steakhouse...) I've been craving steak recently!
- I'm seriously excited about attending the Reason Rally in DC in March! It's going to be so awesome and (!) Tim Minchin will be performing so that's a bonus! I'm really hoping for good weather, though. It would really stink if it were pouring down rain. Or freezing. Or both. Let's hope for decent weather!
- I forgot to pack my morning break food for work today. I usually have a cup of yogurt and a slice of whole grain toast but I completely forgot! I guess I'll have to wander down to the cafeteria and see what they have that I can eat because all I have is lunch food and I can't go without eating until 2:00! (which is when I lunch) I can't believe how scatterbrained I am today!
- And now all I can think about is steak. I do hope I get my steak on Wednesday and that it is as delicious as I'm imagining it!
Image source can be found here