Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Monday, January 16, 2012

Culture club

I've recently switched from regular yogurt to Greek-style yogurt.  I'd heard it can be healthier - it contains more protein and possibly less sugar, though you have to read your packaging - and other people had recommended it to me saying it tasted better.

I'm not convinced that it tastes all that much different though I have to agree that it is a lot less sweet which I like.  I don't mind the extra protein, either, as it makes a person feel more full and that might cause me to go a bit longer before I'm hungry again.  [even the little things can help]

The only problem I've encountered is that the brand sold in my local grocery store has some unusual flavors.  They borderline on what I'd call "weird", really.  Although the website tells me that "normal" flavors are available, I can only ever seem to find pomegranate, honey, mango or passion fruit at my store.  Perhaps the usual flavors are quickly scarfed up leaving me with the rejects...  I may have to try to figure out their delivery schedule so I can get the good flavors, too.  To be honest, I do like the pomegranate but I'd like it a lot more if they didn't insist on putting whole seeds in it!

So!  I'm going to look for another source of this yogurt and see if I can find some blueberry or strawberry or even cherry.  It's a silly mission but it's all I have.

Image courtesy of © BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment