Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday Six - December 31, 2011

1. Was 2011 overall better or worse than you expected it to be? Worse but not as bad as it could have been, I guess.
2. What development made you feel happiest or proudest in 2011? My daughter's graduation from high school, admission to a college and her excellent progress so far in that school.
3. Consider the action you took in 2011 that you most regret because it hurt or offended someone: have you made amends with that person? I usually try to make amends right away so I'd have to say most likely yes.  I really don't remember a particular circumstance this year where I hurt someone, however, so it must have turned out alright.
4. Is your financial state better, worse or about the same as this time in 2010? It's a bit worse - and not likely to improve anytime soon.  K lost his job and is now working at a lower-paying job and my company didn't do as well as usual so I didn't get a raise this year.
5. If you could make any change in your personal life in 2012, what’s the number one thing you’d like to change? I suppose get rid of the excess weight I gained in 2011.  I had some rough patches over the year and when that happens, I tend to eat. I really just need to find the motivation, I guess. 
6. What’s the biggest purchase you anticipate making in 2012?  Probably new furniture for our new addition we should finish up in the spring.


These were the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!


Have a happy and safe New Year's Eve, folks!  I'll see you next year! 

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to #5. That's my problem, too. To look at me, you'd think I REALLY had a bad year! :)

    ReplyDelete