Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Six - December 3, 2011

1. Follow-up to a question from Episode 1: If you could spend one day as a member of the opposite sex and a different race, would you stay closer to the places you currently frequent, or would you try to spend your time in a place where more people like your current form would go? I think it would be much more interesting to see how I would be received if I stayed in the same area I usually do.  

2. Follow-up to a question from Episode 4: Of the following three types of presidential candidates, which type would you be most likely to vote for in 2012: A) Someone who supported all of your concerns and got every bill you supported passed …but was unscrupulous and often lied to get where he is. B) Someone whose political views were nearly the opposite of yours, who was only able to pass a handful of bills you didn’t want passed…but who was completely honest and ethical all the time. C) Someone who was middle of the road, passed bills that tended to favor compromise more than any one side of the issue, and was usually (but not always) ethical and honest.  This is a tough one...  Obviously I would like someone who is ethical and honest in that office but I wouldn't want a President who disagreed with all my political views!  I guess I have to go with C as I can't have both in this scenario.

3. Follow-up to a question from Episode 12: You learn that your best friend’s spouse is carrying on an affair, and that person realizes that you know the secret. He or she begs for time, promising that he (or she) will reveal all to your best friend. How long are you willing to give the cheater to confess before you will step in and let your friend know yourself? I would give the cheater only 2 or 3 days before I spill the beans.  I wouldn't be able to carry that secret around with me for much longer than that.  It would seriously bother me to do so.

4. Follow-up to a question from Episode 15: If you had to give up one of your five senses, which one would you be most unwilling to live without? It's a toss-up between sight and sound. I guess I'd have to go with my eyesight.  I think I would greatly miss being able to hear but I'd be much more able to get around without help if I had my vision than if I lost my hearing.  Not having smell would make me sad as that would affect taste and could be dangerous as could living without a sense of touch but I think sight would be the sense I'd miss the most.

5. Follow-up to a question from Episode 27: What would you say is your biggest character strength? I've no idea... Perhaps my honesty.  I do try to be as honest as possible -within reason.  I'm not going to tell a friend that I think her dress is ugly, for example, though I might tell her that it wouldn't be my first choice.

6. Follow-up to a question from Episode 33: Which seasonal or holiday movie do you least look forward to this time of year? Hmm...  Good question!  As much as I love Rudolph and Santa Clause is coming to town (as I grew up enjoying those)  I think my favorite is It's a Wonderful Life!  It reminds all of us that each of us affects other people - sometimes in ways we don't realize - and that we are each important in that way.


These have been the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!  This week he has given us follow-up questions from prior Saturday Six episodes!  Go visit his site and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment