Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday Six - December 24, 2011

1. What is your favorite Christmas memory: where did you spend that Christmas and how old were you (or when was it)?   My favorite christmas memory was when I was about 6 or 7 years old.  I wanted a particular doll that blew a kiss when you pulled a string on her back. [It made her hand move to her mouth and made a kissing sound.]  I was so tickled that Santa had brought exactly what I had asked for! I sometimes miss having that innocence and the belief in Santa but once we stop believing in the old elf, that is gone.  Pity.
2. Of the Christmas decorations you put up each year, which single one means the most to you and why is it so special? I don't really have any decorations that are special to me.
3. What food or drink that you only really consume during the Christmas season is your favorite and why? Egg nog - and it doesn't have to have the alcohol in it for me to enjoy it.  I love the taste of egg nog!
4. If you could bring back any deceased relative to spend one Christmas with, who would you pick and why? I think I'd have to choose my father.  I think he'd like to see how his grandchildren have grown and meet his great-grandchildren. I was especially close to my father and miss him to this day. 
5. What is the greatest single Christmas present you remember receiving and why did it mean so much to you? Hmm... I think I mentioned one of them in question one.  Another year, my sister gave me a stack of books.  I was thrilled to receive them! I don't spend a lot of money on myself - a habit that began when I had children and money was tight - so they were a welcome gift of something just for me!
6. What was the worst Christmas present you ever remember receiving and what was so bad about it?  My fiance gave me a crock pot early on in our relationship. I was greatly disappointed.  I think gifts should be for the person - not for the house unless there is a particular item one really is excited about and requests.  I dislike receiving appliances or household items as gifts.


These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment