Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday Six - December 17, 2011

1. Follow-up to a question from Episode 37: What is your least favorite Christmas dessert? I'd say anything with figs in them.  I really, truly, dislike figs. It's the texture, I think, as well as the taste.
2. Follow-up to a question from Episode 39: Which cartoon that was popular when you were a child could you just not get into? Fat Albert.  The fact that the characters lived in the inner-city and were black made them seem so foreign to me - a white kid from the suburbs.  I just couldn't relate to them.
3. Follow-up to a question from Episode 40: What’s the most embarrassing cell phone ringtone that you’ve heard someone else’s phone play? This is easy!  K recorded himself saying, "Hello?  Hello?" several times then set that as his ringtone.  I thought it was embarrassing. K did not.  
4. Follow-up to a question from Episode 44: When you’re having a bad day or you’re in a bad mood, which song best keeps you in that bad mood or makes it that much worse? The first one that pops into my mind is "Don't worry.  Be happy.".  That just makes me grumble more if I'm in a bad mood!
5. Follow-up to a question from Episode 48: What was the first time that you remember truly feeling like an adult? Hmm...  I guess maybe when I had my own children?  I still don't always feel like a grown-up, though.  
6. Follow-up to a question from Episode 52: When someone first walks into a room, what is the first thing you tend to notice about that person?  The way they carry themselves.  Are they comfortable?  Do they look nervous?  If so I try to make them feel at ease, if at all possible.  (I'm not the most social creature, myself, so I can understand feeling awkward entering a room.)


These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment