Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Carols and holiday tunes

The radio at work has been set on a station playing Christmas music 24/7 since the day after Thanksgiving.  


I am so sick of hearing Christmas music!  


I've even starting to compile a list of the ones I dislike the most:

  1. Jingle Bells "sung by" the barking dogs
  2. Silent Night sung by Stevie Nicks 
  3. Dominick the Donkey
There are songs I never seem to tire of, as well:

  1. Home for the Holidays sung by Perry Como
  2. Practically anything sung by the Ray Conniff Singers 
  3. Anything irreverent such as Chipmunks Roasting on an Open Fire or I Came Upon a Roadkill Deer (you get the idea)
[What do you expect from a godless heathen?]


What are some of your favorite - or least favorite - songs of the season?

Image courtesy of NASA

No comments:

Post a Comment