Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Monday, December 5, 2011

Back at it, again!

So... I've decided, once again, to attempt to control my weight.  I'll go back to eating 4 "meals" a day, 4 hours apart - to keep my metabolism up. (because that really seemed to help) I'll attempt to eat more whole grains and watch my sodium intake. I'll try to reduce my meat intake and increase my green, leafy vegetables.  And, yes.  I'll exercise.

In short... I'm going to attempt to behave myself a bit more than I have been as I've gained a ridiculous amount of weight and I'm tired of buying new clothing...

Last time I attempted this sort of "diet" (I'll call it that, but it really isn't a diet), I believe I made the mistake of allowing my diet to become too boring.  It's difficult to stick to the same selections every day - no matter how much you like those foods - so I'll try for a bit more variety this time.

I've just had my first "meal" - which, really, should have occurred within an hour of waking this morning but if I eat then, I can't eat lunch with my co-workers.  I'll have to decide if things work this way or if I have to go back to eating at 6:00, 10:00, 2:00 and 6:00, again.  So!  Right now it's 8:30, 12:30, 4:30 and 8:30.

My menu today:

1st meal: 1 container of Chobani greek yogurt (verry berry flavor - yes. It is spelled that way. [don't get me started!] It's a kid's yogurt, really, but I can't stomach the less-sugar "adult" greek yogurt so I'll deal with this kind.)
1 slice of organic, whole grain, bread - toasted - spread with a little bit of butter

2nd meal: Salad - organic spring mix greens and baby spinach leaves, black olives, cheddar cheese, and Goddess dressing
Amy's medium chili - 1/2 a can.

3rd meal:  Leftovers!  Pork chop, cauliflower and maybe 1/2 twice-baked potatoes (which are really awfully unhealthy but need to be eaten.) or another vegetable, perhaps.

4th meal:  Not sure yet.  Perhaps a bowl of whole grain cereal?  I'll have to see...

I'll apologize if I'm boring you, but I want to document a little of what I'm doing for myself and I thought some people might be interested.  Or not!

Back to normal programming tomorrow...

Promise!

today's image courtesy of NASA

No comments:

Post a Comment