Name seven dishes you generally only eat on or around holidays.
1. Cranberry sauce. I'm not sure why, as I do enjoy it and could make it now and then but we save it for Thanksgiving and generally have it for Christmas dinner as well - if we have turkey instead of ham.
2. Corn casserole. I make a corn casserole that contains corn, creamed corn, swiss cheese, cream cheese and onions. It's very rich and best to save for the holidays!
3. Filling (or what many others will call stuffing or dressing). We don't generally make a turkey unless we are having a big holiday meal and if we do, I don't generally bother to stuff it!
4. Turkey. We rarely cook a whole turkey unless it is for a holiday meal. Some years both K and I will get one from our employers for the holidays so we have an extra to make but this is rare. We don't generally buy one otherwise, though perhaps we should take advantage of the holiday sales and do so! We do like turkey!
5. Pumpkin pie. One could argue that fresh pumpkins are not available year round so it makes sense that we have pumpkin pies more in the fall. (I refuse to use canned pumpkin)
6. Fruit cake. Despite it's reputation I have had some delicious fruit cakes! Home made trumps store bought, however...
7. Sand tarts. We don't bother to go through the effort to make these year round so they are saved for the holidays!
These have been the Sunday Seven from Patrick's Place!