2. Have you ever been mistaken by a stranger as being from somewhere other than your place of birth? If so, what’s the farthest from your hometown one has guessed you’re from? I can't recall this ever happening. Huh. Maybe that's an indication that I do sound like everyone else around here!
3. If you had to come up with a name for the dialect you hear most often, what would it be? Pennsylvania Dutch is what we call it.
4. Take the quiz: What Kind of American English Do You Speak?
You Speak General American English!
50% General American English
10% Upper Midwestern
Well that sounds rather boring, doesn't it?
5. What regional word or expression common to your area do you find yourself using most often? I can't think of one right now.
6. Which regional word or expression common to your area do you hate the most? "Yous" -they use it as a plural of you, ignoring the fact that "you" is plural! This drives me batty!
These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place!