Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Six - November 19, 2011

1. From Cat.: What’s the best part about where you live?  I like that you get the full effect of the seasons changing over the year.  As much as I dislike winter cold, I do like how pretty snow is after it's fallen and would miss it if I lived in a warmer climate where it didn't snow. There are harsher winters where I believe I'd like to give it a try sometime, however... 

2. From Cat.: What can we do about so-called Christians who really aren’t? At least, they don’t look like they’ve ever read the Gospels. At least, not the Gospels you and I seem to have read. Well... I'm not a Christian but it seems to me that you are going to have very little luck changing someone else's mind about what they believe unless they are open to listening to your point of view. There are all sorts of people in this world and all sorts of belief systems.  I'd recommend that you do what you can to accept people for who they are.  

3. From Strange: Where did you grow up? I grew up right here in Central Pennsylvania about 1/2 hour from where I live now.

4. From Strange: What do you like to do in your spare time? Spare time?  What is that? Just a little joke, there... I read quite a bit.  I also interact with other people on the internet via blogs, social networks and all. 

5. From Strange: If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go? I'd visit England!  I've never been there and would absolutely love to visit!

6. From Aislínge: What made you decide to start your blog? An inspiration, a need to empty your head, a complaint of something, or something entirely different? I originally started to blog back in 2003 mostly because I needed an outlet for my thoughts.  I discovered a blogging community (Xanga) where I met a lot of lovely people at that time.  I've moved away from Xanga and off to blog on my own.  I miss the interactions that I had on a daily basis with folks there but I really don't have the time I would need to generate that sort of traffic now. That is one advantage of those sorts of blogging communities and a disadvantage to blogging on Blogger like I do now.


These are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment