Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Queries and considerations

Question of the day:  Do you folks think I should combine my blogs - this one and the meme-only one - or should I keep them separate?  I can see pros and cons of each but I'd like some other opinions.

Thanks!

In other news, I've been thinking of trying to take a class in creative writing.  I oftentimes have ideas in my mind to write about but I feel like my skills are lacking when it comes to putting them down on paper.

I anticipate that K will not support me in this, however.  He doesn't understand my thirst for knowledge for the sake of knowledge but feels that if there is no financial gain from learning something new, then there is no value.

Going forward, I can see that if I did take such a course and wanted to set aside time to write, I would have a hard time convincing K that this is a worthy activity.  Any time I spend on the computer - with the exception of billing-paying or budgeting - is "playing" in his mind.  Never mind that I don't really have good friends outside of the online friends I've made.  It is still just "playing" to him.  (I should note that he really doesn't have friends with the exception of one who he doesn't bother to keep up with so he obviously doesn't value friendship.)

So... I'm not sure whether I should bother to try or not.

And now I've bummed myself out.

Subject change:  I listen to the same radio station in the morning when I'm doing the breakfast dishes and packing my lunch for work.   At the top of the hour, the local announcer will give the traffic report, weather and local news.  Is it unusual that I talk back to him?  I mean....  I'm the only one there so the alternative would be talking to myself which I don't tend to do very often.  I just wondered if other people would think this is unusual.

And there we go...  Now you have two questions to answer for me today!

Image courtesy of NASA- details about this particular image can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment