Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Living "la vida loca"

I've started to blog every day.  I should be clear that I don't feel that I need to create a blog post every day but I really want to for the sake of consistency.  Nothing is worse than reading a blog on a daily basis and getting used to it then... nothing for days on end for no reason.

At least that's my point of view...

But, anyhow, real-life is making it difficult for me to be consistent.

Here's some of what has been going on.

  1. I've had to do "that other job" last Friday and yesterday.  [I fill in for another employee when she takes vacation.  I've complained about this many times and regular readers are aware that... the job is one I did 10 years ago but has changed so much over time that it is practically an entirely different job than it used to be, it starts 2 hours earlier than my present job and screws up my sleep schedule - majorly - and I hate it with a passion.  It is very stressful.]
  2. This is a short week due to the holiday. So not doing my job yesterday put me automatically in a hole already.
  3. TPTB scheduled a meeting about a new computer system TODAY! Yes.  I believe they are seriously trying to break me.
  4. Next week is financial period close week. Which means I have more work than I usually do so, of course...
  5. I have to do "that other job" for at least Monday next week. Because my boss doesn't like to tell anyone that they can't take their vacation when they want to...   and...  it's more screwed up than that.  Monday marks the beginning of deer-hunting season around here. The worker I cover for is a hunter.  She always takes off the first week of hunting season. My boss made a deal with her - realizing that I will  be in dire straights if she is off the entire week.  As soon as she gets her deer, she will come in to work the next day so that I can get back to my job.  She generally gets her deer the first or second day so he doesn't think this will be a problem.  I suppose not but... there is so much that can go wrong.  I don't even want to think about what I will do if this doesn't work out.
So... yeah.  I'm a bit stressed out.

Hopefully things will turn out better than expected and the good news is that I've been cleared to put in whatever amount of overtime that I need to get my work done!  That's also the bad news, I believe...


Today's illustration of a star being ripped up by a black hole courtesy of NASA (and oh so appropriate, don't you think?!?)  

No comments:

Post a Comment