Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Forgetful moments and conspiracies

Some recent incidents have convinced me that I should look into one of those password-storage programs. Okay.  Not so much incidents. How about we call them forgetful moments which have occurred on multiple occasions on different sites within the past month or so.  This wouldn't happen if they didn't all have to be 8 characters long with upper and lower case letters and numbers or sometimes letters, numbers and symbols or sometimes letters and numbers but no symbols!! and yeah.  You get the idea...

Anyhoo, the problem is that I need a system that can be accessed from more than one computer and I don't want to spend a lot of money. Not only that, but I know very little about them so I don't want to rush out and buy into one only to discover that there is another one that would suit my needs better that I did not purchase. Oh!  and I want it to be able to produce random passwords for me to increase the security. So! If any of you folks know anything about these programs, please let me know!  Thanks!

In other news, my employer has implemented a new site-blocking system.  It is different from the old system as there were sites that I could access under that one that I cannot now and vice versa.  For example, I cannot now access Google + which is my preferred social network and yes - I am really upset by this!  I can, however, access my old blogging site, Xanga, which would be fine but I'm all set up here now, thankyouverymuch, and I'm not going back now! I cannot even go to NPR's website to read their news stories and such -when I used to be able listen to the programs and read the articles!  I'm really upset about this, as well, as I used to listen to their programs while I worked and I miss having something to listen to.  YouTube is now blocked when it didn't used to be, as well! It just seems so random and unfair at the same time!  Did I mention the kicker?  I can access Facebook - and Facebook games.  Not only that, but I could on the old system, too.  I'm convinced that someone in the IT department likes to use Facebook at work and has entered it as an exception!  I can't prove it, however, without admitting that I tried to get on Facebook so I"m stuck. I am miserable right now.

Moving on.... Jerry Sandusky now says that he is innocent and didn't molest those boys.  Seriously, Sandusky?  I mean, honestly?  With all that has come out - from multiple sources - it is next to impossible for me to believe that he is not guilty of molesting the boys. Story here if you aren't up-to-date.

And I've taken up enough of your time today.  Have a good one, folks!

photo of Soyuz spacecraft courtesy of NASA - who have the most awesome images!

No comments:

Post a Comment