- This is why I call myself an atheist. (I've been known to use the term agnostic occasionally but that's a discussion for another day. What matters is that I don't believe in God - by any name.)
- This is why I don't believe in magic.
- This is why I don't believe that aliens abduct people and return them after they've done tests on them.
- This is why I don't believe in Bigfoot. Or the Loch Ness Monster.
- This is why I don't believe that the Bermuda Triangle is more dangerous than anywhere else.
- This is why I don't participate in seances.
and so forth.
Now... this doesn't mean that I don't have as much fun as anyone with Halloween and the idea of ghosts and goblins and such! I love to pretend it is real. It's fun to do so!
But, when it comes down to it, don't ask me to believe in these things. Yes... I know... you have had this experience -or your mother has -or your sister -or a friend of a friend and yeah. I'm sorry.
If there is something that cannot be explained with science, it simply means we've just not figured it out yet.
That is what I believe.