Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Seven - October 2, 2011


You’re at a social function and you decide you want to have an alcoholic drink. Beer doesn’t seem “high class” enough for this function, so you head to the bar for a mixed drink.
Can you name your seven favorite mixed drinks, liquors or spirits that might be among the options you’d consider, assuming the bar is fully stocked? (I've added an * next to drinks I've never tried)
Well, under the circumstances I'd probably go with 
1. Gin and tonic
2. or Rum and coke (though I'm not really a soda fan)
3.  I'm curious enough to consider a *Martini  
4. or a *Cosmopolitan (though I've no idea if I'd like it)
5.  A Long Island Iced Tea is delicious -though. I could only consider one of those
6. Hmm... what about a * Manhattan (which I've never tried)
7. Or a *Gibson which is really a martini with a pearl onion instead of an olive.

I really stick to beer most of the time - or an occasional glass of wine - so I was not sure what to put down for this Sunday Seven. These are my answers to Patrick's Sunday Seven this week.  Feel free to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment