Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saturday Six - October 29, 2011

I have to say that this week's questions really threw me for a loop.  I don't believe our futures are predetermined so at first glance this week's questions didn't seem to be ones I could really answer. Then I decided to be a good sport and just answer them as if I do believe our futures are already planned out ahead of time.

1. You have the chance to learn either the date, the location or the method of your death: would you accept an envelope that would contain ONE of the answers to one of those questions if you couldn’t choose which question would be answered?  No. I don't think I'd want to know when for sure so I couldn't take that chance.

2. If you could choose to learn the answer to one of those, which would you choose? Out of the three, I'd like to know how I die, I guess.  (but certainly not when nor where)

3. Which illness do you fear most? Cancer.   My father died of cancer and it is a horrible way to die.

4. Which method of death other than illness do you fear most? Hmm... good question. I guess any long, drawn out, painful death - like having my legs crushed in an auto accident and slowly bleeding to death while waiting for help- would be something I wouldn't want to have to go through.

5. If you could control how you would die, what method would you choose? I think I'd prefer to die in my sleep of natural causes.

6. If you could specify the age at which you die, with reasonable good health assumed, how long would you like to live? Hmmm... 90-something.  Even older if I could still retain my health and my mind. (well, what's left of it)


These questions are the Saturday Six this week from Patrick's Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment