1. Describe your favorite old portrait of yourself: how old were you when the portrait was made and what were you doing? Um... I guess one I like was taken when I was around 6 months old. I'm just sitting next to my sister - we're twins - and smiling.
2. Of the photos of people you have on display in your home, what percentage of them would you estimate have you in the photo? Maybe like 1 in 10? I'm not sure.
3. Which do you prefer in a portrait in terms of background: a solid color, a textured color, or a very scenic background? A textured color always looks good - especially a gray - in my opinion. I also like portraits with white backgrounds, though.
4. Which do you prefer in a portrait: the subject smiling, looking serious or looking like they’re in thought? It depends, really. As long as the subject looks natural, it's fine. Some people just don't look right with a big grin on their face!
5. Which do you prefer in a portrait: the subject making eye contact with the lens or not making eye contact with the lens? Hmmm... That's a tough one. I had to look around at some of the portraits I have to decide. I think I prefer when they are not looking at the lens - though most times they are!
6. You see a portrait of someone — male or female — who is in exceptionally good physical shape: how likely is that photo to make you take action to get in better shape yourself? Not necessarily more likely. In fact, it might make me feel worse and that could make me less likely to try to get into better shape. (but I might be oversensitive on this subject)
This is the Saturday Six from Patricks Place! Feel free to join in!