Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Six - August 24, 2011

1. Do you consider yourself more of a giver or a taker? I hope I'm more of a giver.

2. What is the biggest drawback to being whichever one you identify with?  Um.. I guess one could be taken advantage of.

3. If you had the chance to immediately become the opposite, would you take it? Why or why not? No.  It really is fun to give so I wouldn't want to give that up.  Also, I don't like taking advantage of others.

4. Take the quiz: Are You a Cheapskate?



You Are Incredibly Generous




You are very giving when it comes to money. And it doesn't go unnoticed.

Sharing the wealth makes you feel good, and you never want anyone to feel slighted by you.

As long as you can afford it, being so generous is a very good thing!

5. A woman approaches you in a shopping mall parking lot claiming she needs $1.00 to catch a bus. You see the bus turning into the mall parking lot at a distance, and you have a dollar bill. How likely are you to give it to her? Pretty likely.  It's only a $1 and if she needs it, fine. I think I'd stick around and see if she actually took the bus or not, though.


6. If it were up to you, how would you get more people to volunteer to help others? By reminding them how good it feels to help others, I guess.

These questions are the Saturday Six from Patrick's Place.  You can play along, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment