Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Seven - August 7, 2011

This week's Sunday Seven question is: Name seven topics that tend to bring the most comments to your blog.

Well... I have two blogs, actually. One (this one) I use to respond to memes. The other I touch on different topics or things going on in my life. I'll answer this question using my experiences from both new blogs and what I recall from my years of blogging on Xanga.

1. Politics. I think, generally speaking, when I talk about politics or the government I will get comments. I love when we can get a respectful dialogue going in the comments with people from different points of view chiming in.
2. Pets. People love to hear funny stories about my dog and they many times will respond with a comment or a story about their own animal.
3. Anecdotes about work/co-workers. Most people can relate to some extent to these and have their own stories to tell, as well.
4. Children/grandchildren. People love to hear about children from the cute things they do or say to their accomplishments.
5. Gardening. Oddly enough even non-gardeners have a lot to add when I discuss my vegetable or flower gardens.
6. Vacations/traveling. I recall this from my previous blog. People loved to hear all about places we visited and talk about their experiences, as well.
7. Internet memes. I do get a lot of comments when I participate in internet memes. Most of these memes do not require people to visit others who participate (though some do) but it is a good way to meet different people. I find that if I comment on another blog, I'll generally get a visit from the owner and many times will get a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing! That's a great list. I tend to get some pretty good comments with politics, too. And I agree that's it great when people can debate politics and any other controversy while being respectful.

    ReplyDelete