Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday Seven - August 28, 2011

THIS WEEK’S QUESTION:



Name seven animals you think would belong on your own totem pole.
Well... I tried to follow the guidelines on the page Patrick directed us to as if I seriously wanted to choose my totems. I started with animals that I felt drawn to. Here's what I came up with:


Cat - Guardianship, detachment, sensuality, mystery,

magic and independence.
I've always liked cats. I'm not sure any of the characteristics associated with this animal are appropriate for me - though I suppose some might say I'm a little mysterious.


Panther - Protection, hidden emotions, introspection, caution, careful decisions. Panthers are a particular member of the cat family that I admire.


Spider - Balance, wisdom, creativity, communication. I've always been fascinated by spiders so this was a no-brainer.



Wolf - Loyalty, perseverance, success, intuition and spirit. Likewise, I've always been attracted to wolves. Another obvious choice for me.



The last 3 took a while to come up with as I didn't feel particularly drawn to any of the remaining animals. I instead looked at the characteristics associated with them and chose them that way.


Deer - Compassion, peace, intellectual, gentle, caring, kind, subtlety, gracefulness, femininity, gentleness, innocence, seller of adventure. I chose this because I like to think that I'm compassionate, gentle, kind and caring. I'm not, however, particularly graceful - nor feminine

for that matter.



Dolphin - Kind, salvation, wisdom, happiness, playfulness, prudent, capable

of deep emotion and happy.
I chose this one because of the phrase "capable of deep emotion." I think sometimes that I must feel things more deeply than most others but perhaps I'm mistaken and I just don't hide my emotions as well as others do.



Ostrich - Grounded, practical. That's me, I suppose. I'm not prone to flights of fancy. My feet are firmly on the ground. It's boring, but true!



This is this week's Sunday Seven from Patrick's Place! It's a bit late because I don't have internet at home due to the aftermath of Irene so I worked on this while on break at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment