Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Seven - August 14, 2011

Name seven gifts you’d really like to receive if tomorrow were Christmas morning.


I'm going to resist the urge to list abstract wishes for peace or ridiculous and unrealistic items. I want to try to list 7 items that it would be practical for me to receive. I wonder why it is that I find this really difficult to do. Here goes.


  1. An iPad. Yes. I know. I really, truly did not want to like these but... I really find that I want to own one the more I see them in use. I won't purchase one for myself, however.
  2. A Zen alarm clock. Yes, they are pricey, but I love the idea of waking up gradually instead of startling awake.
  3. A weather station. I'm not entirely sure why, but I am totally fascinated with the idea of being able to view the wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and track the amount of rain fall in my little corner of the world. Perhaps I missed my calling and I should have gone into meteorology or something but the mere thought of owning something like the item I linked makes me giddy. The total lack of practicality combined with no real reason that I would need to own one prevents me from purchasing one nor even asking for one.
  4. Books. I have an Amazon wish list full of them. Lots of books. ;-)
  5. Shoes. Impractical ones, at that! As much as I love heels, I don't dress up enough to wear them often so it is really rather ridiculous for me to want to own more. This doesn't stop me from looking at them when I pass a shoe store, though.
  6. A GPS device for my car. I like the idea of having one of these when I am travelling alone. I hate having to follow written directions from Google Maps or such while I'm driving! It's dangerous, too!
  7. A gym membership that includes working with a trainer. I really need to lose weight and I have a severe lack of motivation. A trainer could probably get me going in the right direction and help out a great deal.
I answered the Sunday Seven question from Patrick's Place. You can join in, too!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, number one on my wishlist too is an ipad :)

    Visiting from Lots of Lovin weekend bloghop!


    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete