Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Six! - August 13, 2011

1. Other than your computer or anything connected to it, what object is closest to you now? a tablet and a pen



2. Extend your right arm all the way to the side: what object is your hand closest to at that moment? the telephone



3. Same exercise with your left arm: what object is your left hand closest to at that moment? my dog, Brooke



4. What book is closest to you now? I'm not going to count the phone book as a book - even though it technically is one. The next closest book is "The Snowball - Warren Buffett and the Business of Life" by Alice Schroeder



5. Other than your computer, what electronic gadget is closest to you now? Hmm... the satellite (TV) box.



6. And now, an old-school writing question: how many pencils and pens are within reaching distance of you right this minute? 3 pens. No pencils because I hide my good mechanical pencils so no one walks off with them. ;-)


These are my answers to Patrick's Saturday Six! Pop on over and join in! Anyone can do this! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! I have to hide my pens sometimes: not because another person will walk off with them, but because the Collie really likes chewing up a ballpoint pen. Don't ask me why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that happen before with our previous dog. She chewed some odd things sometimes! Oddly enough, she wasn't very interested in toys made for chewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have TWO dogs. The big one tries to get in my lap when I have been on the computer too long.

    Since I am an artist, I have enought pens and pencils to choke a horse.

    ReplyDelete