Something to Think About

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday 9: I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight

1. Have you ever lost a lover and spent way too much time wondering what they were doing? Hmm... Oddly enough, though you'd think it'd be human nature, no. I don't think I have.

2. What was your favorite vacation ever? This is easy. It was our camping trip to Vermont several years ago! We had such a good time and I love how beautiful it is up there!

3. Do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds? Or are you one of those people who absolutely has to know what's going on before it happens? Well... I guess I like surprises alright. I don't like when I find out ahead of time, though, because I hate having to act surprised. This happens more often than not, I'm afraid. I just think folks around me aren't very good at keeping secrets!

4. Have you ever written a poem? Feel free to share one. Or even a dirty limerick is OK. Um.. no. Other than the poetry we had to write in school, I've not written poetry. (Nor am I likely to!)

5. Did anything interesting show up in your mail lately besides the bills? Interesting? No. I'm afraid not. Just "junk" and that is rarely interesting.

6. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? Family members don't count. Well... I have several online friends I've known for over 10 years.

7. Do you own a pet? If so, do you buy them presents for holidays? Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled? If you don't own one, do you think you will one day? We have a dog named Brooke. She is spoiled rotten thought we don't tend to buy her gifts for different occasions. We're more likely just to stop and buy her something when we feel like it.

8. It's Friday afternoon and you're planning your weekend. What's on your agenda on a hot August night? I had no real plans for this weekend. We had my fiance's parents and his aunt and uncle over for dinner today but that is it.

9. What's your worst nervous habit? I don't think I really have one that I can think of...

This is the Saturday 9 from this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment